WARDROBE LEMONS AND LEMONADE



It’s amazing how no one has an iota of idea of back stories. How just before you finally get dressed, you really were not all-together but then, you’re out looking well put together.









More often than not, when I wake up, I have no idea what I’ll wear to work. Then, I go on my morning run and in my mind, I’m thinking about it trying to multitask to save time, but still can’t really focus my mind’s eye on my closet, especially because my mind is hopping from one matter to another.

My “a-ha” moment usually is when I open my closet and my eyes settle on an item: a skirt, dress, pair of pants or top. At that point, everything (well, almost everything) starts taking shape. Isn’t that what happens to most of us? There are times that I settle on more than one and get more confused comparing which is better, now, for that day of the week (creating more problems where there was only one). It’s even worse when I don’t have to rush in for a meeting because I end up comparing more outfits than necessary.







I find that it’s okay not to have a dress plan when you’re going out as long as you know how to pull off whatever you wear. For me, the secret is learning how to build a functional wardrobe even with a shoestring budget. This way, I make my clothes work for me how I want them to (isn’t that what they’re designed for?).

There are times when we are lost for what to wear even though we have a closet full of cloths but we just can’t find what sits right. At such times, my go-to is usually a pair of pants, a vest top and my staple being a nicely fitted blazer. This always does the magic. No matter what I settle on, I try to own every outfit I wear; whether they are pieces from value for money stores like H&M or from Roksanda, I’m not afraid to keep it simple or to wear bold colors. I simply just play with my clothes.









In the end, the back-story is lost in the look and the way you pull it off. Funnily, it is also lost on you as well, when you revel in the complements, knowing all that matters is that you stay winning your closet battles.




Top: Karen Millen (sold out, but find similar here), Skirt: Asos (sold out, similar here), Shoes: Vivienne Westwood Lady Dragon, Bag: Mulberry Roxanne
Blazer: Zara (similar here), Vest: Primark (similar here), Shoes: Zara (similar here ), Bag: Gucci Men's Leather Briefcase (similar here)

Top: Zara, Skirt: Asos (similar here), Shoes: Faith Leather Wedges (similar here and here), Bag: Coach (similar here), Wristwath: Dolce & Gabbana

If you have any questions on how to keep a functional closet, simply ask away in the comments section or feel free to email me (myfriggingstyle@gmail.com).


Hope everyone’s having a beautiful week and thank you for stopping by!


XO




P.S: this filter shows the details on the blazer better, so I thought i'd add one more photo.



Comments

  1. I love the ASOS skirt!! It's very versatile. 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dayo. The two skirts featured are from Asos.

      Delete
  2. The blazer is giving me all forms of life! Lovely outfits but you need better pictures, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY GTBANK FASHION WEEKEND STYLE EDIT

My OWN World: HELLO