BAGGY IS THE NEW COOL!


I really like playing dress up, so I find myself trying out the most awkward combinations sometimes. Thanks to my stylish sister (ever so avant-gardiste), I am drawn to oversized clothing like a moth to fire. I think they have a way of making you stand out and looking every bit the COOL fashionista



Your clothes transcend items that just cover your body, they tell the story you want to present to the world, a summary of who you are; powerful, beautiful, demure, daring, risk-taker. You are, undoubtedly, the Valkyrie of your own style, ergo you "slay" your clothes how you want. Or not.
Side bar: I don't like the word "slay" lol.

These days, the best silhouettes are ones that hang off the body just so, the ones that are perfectly oversized and leave you looking effortless, but undeniably elevated at the same time.  



The difference between baggy-and-draggy and cool-and-baggy is all about what you wear your oversized pieces with. If pulled off right, oversized ensemble have a way of coming together real cool, and you don't have to be model tall to pull it off. While your tallest heels can work perfectly, you can take risks by wearing a pair of flat and interesting shoes. 



Learning to navigate the oversized playing field may seem like a whirlwind, but with a little direction, you can leave your skin-tight clothing without looking sloppy. I played mine with a pop of color. Much as I have a distaste for same color bag and shoes, I decided to play the field in red accessories, a large tote and a pair of spiked pointier flats. After all it's my frigging style.



I’m not afraid to try on new things or be “different”. As a matter of fact, I’m excited to be different, who knows that may start a new trend. Or not. But I love it. You should try it sometime. Break rules, whatever size you are. Define your own style, and own it graciously.

This season, pump up your outfit with an oversized top over a pair of palazzo or baggy pants. Wear a long oversized top that reaches below your butt to create a bold look, but ensure that your pants (or skirt) are cinched at the waist so you aren't swimming in fabric from head to toe.







I'm excited to know how you pull this off. *wink* And, as always, you can reach out to me for directions (myfriggingstyle@gmail.com).


I hope everyone is having a beautiful week, and as always, thanks for stopping by.

xo.



What I Wore:
Shirt: ASOS
Pants: FRENCH CONNECTION (coincidentally, my sister gave them to me- see what I mean? lol)
Bag: ANYA HINDMARCH
Shoes: KURT GEIGER
Sunnies: NEXT

Comments

  1. I love this look bt don’t think I can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure you can. You can send me an email. Let’s see how we can make it work for you. x

      Delete
  2. That bag! Pls what link to get it. U sure knw hw to slay every look. I stalk u on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thank you. It’s sold out, at least on Anya Hindmarch website. But I’ll keep an eye out for it, and update if I see it anywhere.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY GTBANK FASHION WEEKEND STYLE EDIT

My OWN World: HELLO