STYLING MY MULLET SKIRT

Whether as a skirt, dress or pair of  trousers, I find mullets extremely stylish and dynamic. I know they are so couple of seasons ago, but they remain one of the styles I can rock over and again. And, well I frigging wear what I like.





Mullet skirts especially get me, because the contrast in length strikes a pretty balance between skin baring and modesty, which I must confess I often have a personal battle with. Plus, they tend to draw attention to your legs and ultimately, your shoes without any effort at all.












The high-low skirt, as some call it, has currency. It can be styled any way you want to; shirt, t-shirt, and even a dress if you can pull it off right (I'll style this sometime, when I figure out the right dress for it). Watch my instagram space (@brookeajadi).




This time, I styled mullet skirt with a delicate vest to keep the attention on the skirt, which has a pretty combination of what disguises as an ombre of colors that I really like. I like a little extra on my clothes, and this contrast was the perfect extra with the color transitioning into the mullet cut.





However you style your own mullet, remember the focus drawn to your legs/feet, and give special thought to accessorizing them for your style narrative. I wore a simple pair of velvet pumps with blade heel details. I find these shoes timeless and, they create the perfect feminine-aesthetic look I was gunning for.








I'm excited to see how you style your own mullet, and you know you can reach out to me at myfriggingstyle@gmail.com for style tips.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulously stylish week.

x.


What I Wore:
Top: Zara
Skirt: Asos
Shoes: Casadei
Purse: Alaia
Wristwatch: Dkny
Ring: Topshop
Sunnies: H&M


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY GTBANK FASHION WEEKEND STYLE EDIT

My OWN World: HELLO