THAT ENTIRE WARDROBE I’LL RAID


I really don’t appreciate a “forced” style. This is when you MUST wear something for validation. It loses the essence of style for me. The “force!” It’s funny my friends and I called this “shan’t gree” in Uni.
- Labisi A.

We all have that one person, or two, or three (let’s just make it “those people”) that we would steal their styles in a nano second, given the chance. Not just the “Beyonces” and “Victoria Beckhams”.  You must admit the oohs and aaahs get over-flogged and tiring sometimes. 

I have mine, and this post is about one of them.
She's a regular girl like you and I. She’s super stylish, yet conservative. The perfect triple threat. Beauty, Brain, Stylish with the right finesse. This is probably why I’m drawn to her. Her simple yet classic style I’ll steal for all time. 

Perhaps it's her brain that gives her an edge in the style field. A girl after my discerning heart, why she stays true to her style and does not follow trend, almost like she doesn’t see it. & you wonder why I'm drawn to her? :)




You know how there are people, whose photos you see where they wear something in trend, and you just immediately know/assume that they had it way back when it was not a trend. She’s like one of those. 


The first time I ever really noticed “arm stacking” was in her photos, and then, it became a thing almost abused. I probably wasn’t the only one that noticed her. She makes you want to invest in fine jewelry. 


In these confusing times, when self-identification is going into obscurity, I like a girl that can hold her own. 


She’s a total lady and confident enough to give complements to a stranger.

Oh, have I mentioned that she’s a fine jeweler? Well, she is. She recently launched her own jewelry line (aurelia and pierre), that's probably why she wears them so well, and she speaks French so impeccably.  

Her sophistication and poise get me all the time. Meet Amokeye (@pearlsofmoxie on instagram), one of Nigeria’s most elegant if you ask me, and my beautiful beautiful style steal victim. 




A point to note: Fashion and style are two different things. Fashion is simply the clothe you wear, your shoes et cetera. Anyone can have those. In essence, anyone can do fashion. Style, on the other hand, goes beyond clothes. It's an individual choice unique to how a person makes fashion work for them. Put in a better perspective, fashion holds its slave/its puppets with their strings going the way of trends or where their master takes them, but STYLE is the puppet master. C'est tres simple.

Have an amazing rest of the week. 

x.


What She Wore:

Black Dress: Antonio Berardi
Jewellery: Cartier and Van Cleef and Arpels
Wristwatch: Chopard
Sapphire Bracelet: Aurelia & Pierre Amara
Tweed Jacket: Chanel
Shoes: Alaia
Blue Purse: Bottega Veneta Knot Clutch
Blue Shoes: YSL Tribute
T-shirt: Kenzo 
Yellow Purse: Celine Box Bag

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY GTBANK FASHION WEEKEND STYLE EDIT