FINALLY. A PERFECT FIT


Me to this beautiful feathery top: “How am I able to find a perfect fit for you and not for me?”


You guys know that feeling when you really like something but you think its pricey and you want to play a fast one and wait until sale season which, in your mind, is just around the corner?

Well, that’s the story with this top. I had wanted it so badly but thought I would wait just a few weeks for a price drop, especially since I didn’t have an immediate wear for it.
That’s how the waiting game began… 




The wait seemed long, especially when other stores started their sale, but this one didn’t yet.
I waited, and waited… (Just buy it? Nope! I’ve waited this long, just a little bit longer won’t hurt).

I kept unwavering vigil, then, my holiday came to an end, I returned to Nigeria and totally forgot to check. Then, I remembered and checked again...

It was sold out in my size! WHAT???!!! I almost passed out. WHAT???!!!

I hurriedly whipped out my card and shunned that voice asking me if it was worth the gamble buying a size smaller and at full price. Well, I must have it. Bite me!

This was two years - or a little over - ago!





It was finally in my closet, but I didn’t think anything fit perfectly, until I totally forgot about it.

Well, I finally wore it.



Often times, we buy that one item that we really like and then, find that we don’t have the best item to pair them with. This happens to me a lot, so I have a lot of clothes just hanging in my closet waiting for their right partner. (Me to them: “Well, even your owner is still waiting for her right partner. Life’s tough. Deal with it”).




This is what happened to my lovely feathery blouse. I had totally forgotten about it until I got these ski pants from my personal shopper (@quepersonalshopper on instagram), and without hesitating, my hands went straight to it. Here, I paired it with a pair of patent 120 pumps and a simple black purse. Perfect fit, don't you think?



If you like it, just buy and keep it in your closet, you'll be glad you did when you finally wear it. Hope you're having a great week?

x.


What I Wore: 

Blouse: Coast
Pants: Mango
Shoes: Christian Louboutin 
Purse: Alaia
Watch: Emporio Armani


Photos taken by my absolutely lovely friend, Kamie.



NEXT POST: HOW I STAY SLIM AND (HMMM…) FIT

Comments

  1. Fab top, fab ensemble and the shoes!!!! Of course fab pics too 😆😆😆

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY GTBANK FASHION WEEKEND STYLE EDIT

THAT ENTIRE WARDROBE I’LL RAID