LAYERING AND RE-STYLING YOUR WORK CLOTHES: SKIRTS OVER PANTS EDN



It’s been a journey, albeit a very slow one. Blogging isn’t a piece of cake, but I must admit that I haven't been as dedicated as I should be, hence still very far from where I want to be. One of the reasons I don't post as much is I haven't been able to manage my time well to get dressed and take photos to upload. 

That said, I thought I’d post this and not wait for better quality pictures, especially because I promised I would post more. Let’s hope we grow better at this - pictures and everything. 


Who says work clothes have to be boring, or that we have to stick to the conventional looks: shirts and pants/skirts, dresses etc.

YAWN! ðŸ˜´

Styling dresses with trousers is one of those looks that I've always liked. It translates really chic and it's practical for when you want to re-rock your clothes without looking like you're wearing same things too often.



While it's quite safe to pair a dress with a pair of trousers, a lot of people find it risky pairing skirts with trousers, and it is.


The key to making it work is simple:
1) Sticking to tailored silhouettes- A-line over skinnies, office or shift dress over tailored pants- because you don't want to look frumpy or sloppy.


2) For work wear, restrict the layers to colors of the same hue, otherwise, complementary colors are a hit when it comes to layering.


Influenced by my big sister, here, I paired a pair of pants with a wrap skirt and a blouse. While they can work well separately, we know they work stylishly together, and give character to the entire look, which would otherwise have been basic.




A loose midi skirt gets a little more structure with a pair of pants underneath.



This is a way to jazz up your look and stand out of a crowd. What more, it simply says it's your frigging style 😉.

Have yourself a fashionably awesome week.

x.




What I wore:

Blouse: Zara
Blazer: H&M 
Skirt: New Look (None here, but click here for similar styles)
Pants: Next
Shoes: Dune
Wristwatch: Folli Follie
Bag: Gucci



For my daily look: @brookeajadi on instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY GTBANK FASHION WEEKEND STYLE EDIT

THAT ENTIRE WARDROBE I’LL RAID