FEELING STRIPEY IN OLD x NEW


I hardly ever clean out my closet because I don’t think I get enough use out of my clothes. I find that I get too attached to most of the pieces I have plus it’s simply far too overwhelming, and I stop as soon as I settle down to start.



I, however, try to carve out a few hours to weed through my closet and determine what stays and what goes. But then, I see some old item and I suddenly start trying to style them. Ditching my original plan. In the end, I feel almost justified holding on to items I “maybe should have” let go, especially seeing how well they work now. Be honest, this happens to you too (wink).





I typically will get rid of anything that is ill-fitting or too small, or are incredibly uncomfortable, and when I get around to cleaning my closet, I REALLY CLEAN IT. I do have one major exception to this, though. If it is a piece that I have adored for years, or has very high sentimental value for me, I will ‘archive it’ and save it forever. I have loved fashion and clothing for as long as I can remember and certain pieces are simply too hard to part with, so I keep them with hopes that these particular styles will come back around. 





Anyway, over the weekend, I attempted to weed through my closet, and found that these striped pants I bought about 5 years ago hadn’t been worn as much as they should have. They still fit perfectly, and what’s more, with a striped blouse I got last year from Macy’s.





Stripes are a pattern that I find easy to wear, and a lot of fun because you can be “stripey” top and bottom. I decided to style them both with a pair of “stripey” sandals and a purse I "borrowed" from my mom's wardrobe.







Don't be too quick to let your clothes go. If they still fit, see how they work with something new or accessories to give them a different look. Plus, if you have a pair of striped pants or skirt, you can stylishly wear them with the same or different color blouse. Just make sure the colors contrast right, and that you feel good in them. I’m anxious to see how you style your old and/or your stripes. 




P.S: I hope to get around to actually cleaning out my closet because I know that it’s always easier to find the right pieces to wear when the selection has been thinned out, and I am only searching through the items I will actually wear.


I hope you have a good rest of the week.

x.

What I Wore:

Top: J.O.A. from Macy's
Pants: Zara
Purse: Dolci's
Shoes: Gucci
Sunnies: Dior







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY GTBANK FASHION WEEKEND STYLE EDIT

My OWN World: HELLO