TOO MUCH RED, YOU SAY?

People often shy away from “too much”. I’m guilty of this as well. I’ve learnt that there’s nothing like “too much”, though, especially if your guts tell you it works. I always go with my guts. You’ll also find that with a pint of confidence, even colors that clash end up working amazing.

Meanwhile, I’ve been loving all things bright lately, so no surprise I am back on the blog with this vibrant hue.







I admit it's a bit risky to wear some colors top and bottom, and what more with strong color accessories, but the key is accessorizing them right and sticking to your narrative. Mine was bold and "in your face".




I got this skirt and had been looking for the right blouse to go with it. I picked out a green halter neck top, but it was too “conforming,” and I wanted to show you guys how else to style your bright/loud colors (such as red).



Even though it’s already a statement skirt, I decided a red top, though risky, would work, so I dumped the green halter neck. Nothing not so basic there. Lol.









I especially love this paper bag skirt, and the split on the sleeves gives the tshirt character. We’re a go!


As for the shoes, I knew that I won’t be going with a pair that’s subtle or classic. You can simply tone down the red hot with a pair of black shoes, but who needs a tone down, right?


Let’s just say the shoes are my exclamation point. I simply went big with the color, plus it melts well into the hue I was playing with. The purse, with its beaded embellishments, is one of the steals from my mom’s wardrobe and it’s as old as me!


In total, I wanted color, embellishment, and unapologetically flamboyant maximalism especially from the ankles down, and I think I nailed it (if I do say so myself). What do you think?


You can reach out if you need advise on styling yours (myfriggingstyle@gmail.com or on Instagram @brookeajadi).


Excited to see how you give this a try.


x.

What I wore:

Tshirt: Mango
Skirt: Asos
Shoes: Marco De Vicenzo
Purse: Mom's Closet
Wristwatch: Follie Follie

Sunnies: Zara


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY GTBANK FASHION WEEKEND STYLE EDIT

My OWN World: HELLO